Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gardening

I have finally started gardening at the new house. Almost 2 1/2 years later but I have always been working so much I haven’t had the time.

Home Depot had a sale on perennials so we picked up a bunch and Jan gave me about 30 plants from her gardens. So I planted them all this weekend, except the shade plants, I will tackle those gardens this coming weekend. I still need about 30 bags of mulch to finish the front but I am almost there.

It will probably take about 2 years for the plants to fill in like I want. I like full, cluttered gardens, no rhyme or reason to the plants. It has rained everyday since I planted them, I am very excited about that, it never rains here.

I am not nearly finished but here are some shots.

100_1783 100_1787100_1788100_1794100_1793

This garden is going to extend the length of the porch along the left side, but I can’t afford right now to do all that.

100_1784 This weekend I will get more mulch and hopefully finished these gardens up. I have already put down 30 bags of mulch, yikes. Actually 5 of the bags went to the shade garden in the backyard. I will also need more for that garden. I will post pictures of that when I finish next weekend. I am anxious to see what they will look like when they fill in, but I can wait, very worth the wait!!

No comments: