Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rainy Days

It has been raining, or I should say a constant drizzle has been falling for a couple days now. That makes me very happy.

I just got home from work about an hour ago. The night seemed to drag on.  I took Alice to her ENT yesterday because she was complaining the night before her ear was hurting and she said she couldn’t hear. She had her adenoids taken out and a second set of tubes put in about 2 1/2 years ago (I can’t believe it has been that long) and we knew the one was coming out but could not get it out because the ear wax had it caught in there.  Alice has never complained about ear infections even though she got them monthly. I think that had a lot to do with it, she was use to the pain.  So when she was upset about it the other night I knew she had to go in. The doctor is a great guy and a great doctor.  When he was taking the tubes out he got to the right ear and said “I cannot believe she just started complaining about this, it is severely infected,” but that is my Alice. I can’t believe I complain like I do when she goes through so much pain and doesn’t complain at all. We can usually tell she has an ear infection by the drainage, or she starts talking really loud, or seems to be a little more sensitive. She is a trooper. And I should mention she went to school today with no complaints. She has no other symptoms, no running nose, no cough, nothing, I am thinking she probably just has allergies like the rest of us.

So last night I was stitching up a Christmas stitchery and I was finishing up and a guy who works in the Hospital security dispatch came over and wanted to see what I was working on, so I showed him.  It was then that I realized (I had pretty much completed it) I spelled the word “Simplify” wrong.  I was so mad, can’t change it now, he said I should tell everyone it is in another language but I am thinking that probably wouldn’t work!!

Well off to bed for me!! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm getting sewing and cleaning done with this rain - I'm forced to stay in. Too bad about simplify - I hate when stuff like that happens.

Unknown said...

I will use it somehow, maybe just take the bottom off. I hope you got a bunch done on that rainy day!