Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Some finishes:

I have a scrap bucket that I have had since I started quilting. I have gone through it many times and got rid of a lot of it, but I kept the bigger pieces. So in continuing my plan to do patterns out of all of my magazines I decide I can only use up those first. Which is crazy, my husband always tells me to get rid of all of those little scraps you have a room full of fabric, but I cannot part with it.009I broke out one of my Homespun magazines, it is not a very old one it is No. 79 (Vol10.12). I did the pattern by Melly & Me of Dee Dee the Dolphin. I had fun making her – she is very cute and Natalie loves her. She is a perfect size for a little kid to snuggle with. That issue was actually a special “Kids Issue” and has some really cute stuff in it. You can buy just the pattern from Melly & Me also.

003

I also finished up another block from Liberty Rose’s Calendar Girl Block of the month:AprilYesterday Gordon and I spent some time together just he and I, or him and me, or me and him. I sure wish I would have paid attention in school. Anyway, he was able to choose what we did. He chose a walk, with his birthday scooter, and hike through the woods exploring. That is what we did, we did that for a little over 2 hours – we were both quite tired in the end so he also added a foot massage to the list of things to do. I told him as long as he washed them!

I thought I would show you some pictures from our adventure:

024020 012014 015 017 018   026 027 

We had a great time and it was nice to talk to Gordon about lots of different things. He is such a wonderful little boy. Since I had been working so much I felt disconnected from him (and the girls) so it was wonderful to get “reconnected”.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I enjoyed my meander through your posts. I have finished the first three stitcheries for the Gardeners Journal, looking at your posts I see that a ladybird has a black head, Oh! Well

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Margaret thank you for visiting me. In nature there are types of surprises. We have found ladybirds in many colors we did not know they could be. I saw your blocks they are lovely!!