Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back to Life

I had such a wonderful day yesterday. I had so many well wishes for my birthday and felt so loved!! I received beautiful flowers from my father-in-law and his wife. My friend Janet came over and brought me lots of goodies (magazines, notebooks – I am a notebook freak, fabric, plants for my porch and garden and the ultimate gift -  a certificate for a massage!!!). You rock Janet!!!

007011

After opening my gifts we (Janet and my husband) went to some antique and thrift shops about a half hour away. I found lots of goodies, lots of goodies that I couldn’t get.  I did get some things that made me oh so happy.

009When the kids got out of school we went out to eat , we had a great time. I ate way too much food. We went to Red Robin and they have this strawberry lemonade drink, soooo goood. I think I drank about 6 glasses of it. The waitress was awesome and she even embarrassed me by singing Happy Birthday.  Alice told her it was my birthday, I told her it really wasn’t but she didn’t believe me. So they all sung, I turned red and the kids had ice cream. There were three other birthdays while we were there.

We also stopped by and saw Pam and Mack at the Rusty Bucket. I haven’t seen them in so long. I missed them. Mack loaded the kids up with candy and Pam gave me some special birthday gifts. Thanks guys!!

Thank you everyone who made my day extra special!!

I couldn’t wait to get home and stuff the wire chicken with some of my Valdani floss – look at that little lady – isn’t she sweet!010

Have a great day!  I am  off to try to recover from all that bad eating I did yesterday.

 

Jennifer

No comments: