Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It is still soooo Hot!

Will it ever end? It is only August 4th and I am already tired of the heat.

My husband brought some fabric home for me yesterday. A real nice lady who works at his work had once wanted to learn to quilt and had all this fabric.  There are a tons of red homespuns here. They will work nice for Christmas.  I will have to make her something special to thank her for her being so generous.

013 

Alice finished up her pillow, the pattern is “Walrus” by Andrea Zuill, of Badbird’s. Here is the link for the pattern “Walrus.” Take a close up look at her stitches, they are awesome, she is a natural.

014 015

I finished up my July block for the Gardener’s Journal. I am a little late but finally got it done. My sewing buddy Lee and I exchanged some fabric scraps and I included many of them in this block. I did not get a very good picture, it looks a bit wonky.

blocl

I have been busy today, trying to get a lot done because I will be working extra again this weekend so I will not have time.  I hope you have found some time to stitch, and are having a good week!

Jennifer

7 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

What a treat! And it looks like some great fabrics, there...I know what you mean about the heat..110 degrees heat index..I went over to walk my Daughter's Dog...They have gone to the beach...Bless his little heart, I know that sidewalk had to be hot..I could have taken two baths today as I walked on the treadmill, too. Every time I turned around water was running off my face.
Take care.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

I know I feel so special. Look at you walking the dog and doing the treadmill - you go girl!!

manos de chicureo said...

Nice your stitch and the fabrics too.
Patient, you will be in autumm very soon.
Yasmin

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Great fabrics and I am sure you will come up with some fun projects with them. Love you stitchery quilt--looking good. Thanks for sharing, Carolyn

Unknown said...

Thank you Carolyn!!

Anonymous said...

Your dd did such a great job on her pillow...
She is definitely a natural !
Your quilt is coming along beautifully !

Unknown said...

Thank you "My 1st Bambina" and thank you for visiting!!!