Friday, August 6, 2010

More Halloween!!

We were busy last night, and I say we because the kids were helping out. We use to craft every Friday night but we sort of stopped after I starting working more hours so it was nice to do it again. Although, it is very difficult to tell them when we are making something to sell that it may look better in our house (if you know what I mean). They enjoy making things just as much as I do.   We did a lot of painting. We were not able to finish everything we painted but we had a good start. Here is what is complete:

019 

As you can see I tried to add a fancy backdrop, I know it is not so fancy but it looked good in person.

We finished four pair of Witch Boots, one of which did not make it in this picture. I drew the boot pattern out and just filled them up.

006

A cute little cat with his own bird. The pattern is by Moonchild’s  Primitives.

011

A stitchery pillow, stitched by me.

013

A stitchery pillow stitched by Natalie.015

Wall pockets, one by Natalie (orange one) and one by me.017016

And of course, a special something from Gordon. Never leave a glue gun with a bored little boy. He made some type of stick tree with a rusty bell on top and it is standing in a pile of glue on the fabric scrap. Nice.

004

All for now. I will probably be quiet for the next 3-4 days while I work in the real world, ugh! Have a great weekend!!!

Jennifer

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

What wonderful memories you are making for the children...Boys will always find ways to entertain themselves.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

Yes Mama Bear we have so much fun, I will miss it when they grow up and don't want to be around there Mama anymore. Gordon always tells me he is buying a house near me so we can go fabric shopping together and still craft together - he is a sweetie!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

You guys are going to town! Wonderful that you are doing this together. And yes, Jennifer it is hard when they are out on there own---but--- I am a lucky one ours live within 20 minutes of us---
so we do get to see our 6 grandchildren often and now we have a second generation going on with crafts, sewing and baking together. It's good that you enjoy your children and having fun creating together. You are a wonderful example and they will have great memories of these days all being together with you!
Hugs, Carolyn

Unknown said...

Thank you Carolyn for your kind words. I know you are like me, you get a lot of enjoyment out of the little ones wanting to craft and bake. It is wonderful that your family is so close!