Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Well you know it is the beginning of the school year, so I am currently being exposed to all the new school germs. I have a rough time with my allergies, I cannot afford to get all the testing done, insurance will not cover it, they would rather me continue getting sick and Oh! I will not get started with that one. Anyway, I have a rough time with them, especially since I share my house with two precious little guinea pigs (Harry & Pablo) who I am extremely allergic to. We have to ensure their cages are cleaned at least every 5-7 days or I am in the state I am in right now. I end up having a sneezing, eye watering/itching attack that usually last 3-4 days – I am talking constant sneezing. And then, if I am lucky, I am exposed to some new germ and get a cold. That is where I am today. I have been sick now for a week and a half or something.  My mind is in a fog. But do not feel sorry for me, it is my fault. I just could not turn down giving those cute little Guinea’s homes.

I found my stitching pile from last year. This is a pile of unfinished stitchery's or ones that were drawn out and not even started. My UFO pile of embroidery. I have the piles stored by seasons and since I have burned myself out on Halloween/Fall I moved to the Christmas, I can never get enough of the Christmas/Winter season. I grabbed some traced for redwork and completed them in between sneezing fits.006 Doesn’t it look pretty? I even found a pile of unfinished Tilda projects so I am also sewing those up, bears, elves, candy canes, angels, etc.

Had another great mail day yesterday. Two new books from my book club!!009

I will admit I did not need the “Sew It, Stuff It” book. I can make pretty much any stuffed critter by looking at it but I could not get over the cuteness of the book, if you like making little stuffies this is a must have – too darn cute. I guess I should have said I do not need any new books but that just does not seem fair.

I would like to thank everyone who attended the Fall Open House at The Rusty Bucket in Apex. And I would like to especially thank all those who purchased my stuff and Pam and Mack for allowing me to sell at their fine store. I appreciate all of you!!!!!!

Okay, I have caught you up with me, I sure would like to hear about projects you are working on.  Drop me a email or comment and fill me in!!! Back to sewing – still have an hour before the kids get home!!!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sympathize and empathize with what you are going through with your allergies... hang in there, and I hope you r feeling much better from your cold !

You are a Super Fast Stitcher ... :-) !

Enjoy your new books !
I'm trying to work on my "book weakness" slowly. Though I am getting Doodle Stitching the Motif Collection very soon ;-), lol.

Unknown said...

Thank you, I think I am allergic to NC :) but I like it. I really like the new Doodle Stitching also, that is also on my list!! :)