Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Gardener’s Journal!!

I am so excited. Last night I was able to finish up the last two blocks from “A Gardener’s Journal” quilt. I am hoping to piece the top today/tonight and then get it ready for quilting!!

Block F

Block F

Block I

Block I

I could not have done it without the support of everyone over at the Stitch-A-Long, it would have continued to be another quilt in the WIP pile. Thank you Chooky and all the members of the Stitch-A-Long!!

My youngest went into my sewing room last night and was in there for quite some time. I asked her what she was so busy doing and it seems she had taken in on herself to begin cleaning my room. I did not realize how much she had done until after the kids went to bed I went in and decided I would continue. I can’t explain to you the feeling I had when I picked up the little pieces of fabric she had carefully folded and stacked. I wanted to keep them in the little piles and never unfold them. I wanted to go in and give her a big squishy hug. She had done this because she knew I had been complaining between work and everything else I didn’t have time to do it. So she tried to do it for me. I love my kids so much. It seems everyday one of them shows me they feel the same and that is such a glorious feeling.

Okay, enough of that sappy stuff! I need to go vacuum and piece the top together. I also have two quilts basted and ready to be quilted, maybe I might get to those also, now that my room is clean!

Have a great day and I hope you find a little stitching time!

Jennifer

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hermoso Bordado!!!!!!!.Vero

Trace4J said...

Your quilt is so beautiful.
Your daughter is a treasure.
How sweet.
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Country Prims said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt-quite an achievement!

Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

What a lovely gesture from your daughter-more stitching time:)

Shazy

Anonymous said...

The stitching and piecing is gorgeous!!!!! Love it!!!
And your dd is so caring and sweet!!! Most likely she learned this from you and your hubby. I totally get why you would love to have those pieces of fabric, folded by her, untouched forever... awwwww :-) .
I feel the same way when my dd do similar things
:-)... .

Elizabeth said...

I have just come across your blog. I made the Gardeners Journey a few years ago for my sister's 60th birthday. She loved it and I loved every minute I worked on it. What a precious daughter

Elizabeth
New Zealand

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hi Jennifer - Your quilt turned out so lovely! It's such a treasure and you should be proud of it!
Sounds like you have a daughter to be proud of too - what a treasure she is as well.
Hugs and have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Thank you Elizabeth - I would love to see your quilt!!