Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Gardener’s Journal!!

I am so excited. Last night I was able to finish up the last two blocks from “A Gardener’s Journal” quilt. I am hoping to piece the top today/tonight and then get it ready for quilting!!

Block F

Block F

Block I

Block I

I could not have done it without the support of everyone over at the Stitch-A-Long, it would have continued to be another quilt in the WIP pile. Thank you Chooky and all the members of the Stitch-A-Long!!

My youngest went into my sewing room last night and was in there for quite some time. I asked her what she was so busy doing and it seems she had taken in on herself to begin cleaning my room. I did not realize how much she had done until after the kids went to bed I went in and decided I would continue. I can’t explain to you the feeling I had when I picked up the little pieces of fabric she had carefully folded and stacked. I wanted to keep them in the little piles and never unfold them. I wanted to go in and give her a big squishy hug. She had done this because she knew I had been complaining between work and everything else I didn’t have time to do it. So she tried to do it for me. I love my kids so much. It seems everyday one of them shows me they feel the same and that is such a glorious feeling.

Okay, enough of that sappy stuff! I need to go vacuum and piece the top together. I also have two quilts basted and ready to be quilted, maybe I might get to those also, now that my room is clean!

Have a great day and I hope you find a little stitching time!

Jennifer

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Hermoso Bordado!!!!!!!.Vero

Trace4J said...

Your quilt is so beautiful.
Your daughter is a treasure.
How sweet.
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Country Prims said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt-quite an achievement!

Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

What a lovely gesture from your daughter-more stitching time:)

Shazy

My 1st Bambina! said...

The stitching and piecing is gorgeous!!!!! Love it!!!
And your dd is so caring and sweet!!! Most likely she learned this from you and your hubby. I totally get why you would love to have those pieces of fabric, folded by her, untouched forever... awwwww :-) .
I feel the same way when my dd do similar things
:-)... .

Elizabeth said...

I have just come across your blog. I made the Gardeners Journey a few years ago for my sister's 60th birthday. She loved it and I loved every minute I worked on it. What a precious daughter

Elizabeth
New Zealand

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hi Jennifer - Your quilt turned out so lovely! It's such a treasure and you should be proud of it!
Sounds like you have a daughter to be proud of too - what a treasure she is as well.
Hugs and have a wonderful day!

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Thank you Elizabeth - I would love to see your quilt!!