Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mice!!

I wanted to show you pictures of some little Christmas ornaments I just finished up.

I only did 4 of these:

002

Here are close-ups:

005006

I did 8 of these. Burlap on the front of the pocket and homespun on the back.

004

Here are close-ups of them. As you can see I used bead eyes on the brown ones. I had already done the tan mice before I got the bead eyes so I left them as they were. I will definitely be keeping one of these. I think I like the tan ones best but l do like the bead eyes on the brown ones.

007009

I have happy news. I am not sure you remember me telling you about my washing machine. It was a Cabrio that we had only had for 4 years. For the past year it has driven us crazy. You have to pause and restart it about 15 times to start the load and then at about 21 minutes you had to do it another 9 times. It added an extra 15 minutes or so to each load. Well here is the Cabrio now:

001

Yes gone, thanks to these fellas:

004

Funny thing is one of the delivery guys also has a Cabrio and has the same problem. They should have recalled the washers but they did not, they offer to fix them but from everything I could find out it just starts all over again.

Now we just push two buttons and walk away until it is finished thanks to this little guy. It is so much smaller than our other one even though it holds the same amount of clothes.

005

It is weird though, I almost miss the other one. I relate it to child birth on pain medicine and epidural to no pain medicine or epidural. Without the medication you feel everything, you are almost frustrated because it hurts so bad, you are more involved it seems. With the medication, you don’t really hurt, the baby comes out, and you are like “Is that it?”, you are somewhat unaware of what is going on.

I like my comparison even though maybe washing clothes is not like having a baby, but hopefully you see my point.

I have been sitting around the house waiting for someone who was supposed to be here 3 hours ago and they are a no show, this is the second time I have set up something with them and they have not come. My day is all messed up now and I have to try to get back on track. I have so many errands to get done.

I hope you are having a great week and finding a little stitching time! Bye for now!

~ Jennifer ~

4 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love both sets of mice..you did a great job on them..they are prim cute..and love that new washer..hope you were able to get back on track.;)

Love Bears All Things said...

Cute ornies.
My Daughter got one of the new front loads. I hope you like it. Maybe you'll get more sewing done.
Mama Bear

shirley said...

Love all your little mice. They are gorgeous. Glad to see you now have no washing machine problems...My 7 births were quick and easy,so I can relate to your pain and besides we were not offered epitdurals back then.

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Jennifer, well BECAUSE we houswives mostly do the laundry WE NEED AN EFFICIENT ONE...glad you finallly got one.
'Frustration' doing our daily household chores is not a word we need.

I love your analogy too! lol

Karen