Monday, November 14, 2011

What a month!

Things have been so crazy here lately. I keep meaning to post and something gets in the way. I miss my blogging so much. I will try to catch you up quick and not make it too painful.

The kids had an awesome Halloween, even though it was sort of rainy. I had to work so my husband took them out. There costumes were not very elaborate this year. I think Alice is the only one who even likes the idea, the other two would be happy if we just bought them each a bag of candy.

I finished up the stitchery block for my customer who needed a block for a wedding quilt. It looks fantastic. I will have to post a picture in my next post. I thought it was on my laptop but it is not.

I made a few last minute ornaments for the Homespun Christmas Open House at The Rusty Bucket.  These are done using a pattern by Crows Roost Prims.

007

These are using a Hugs and Kisses pattern.

008

And here are the other three I finished.

005006004

The holiday open house was so much fun. This year was the first year I actually worked there during the open house. It was so great seeing all the wonderful people who actually like my handmade items and buy them on a regular basis. I do not normally like being face to face with someone who is buying something from me. I don’t know why. I get scared and embarrassed by having the attention on me. And I worry about seeing those who pick something up and don’t like it, I can’t help but going to look at the item and inspect it, wondering what I did wrong with it. But I sucked it up and I am happy I did. I loved seeing everyone.

My oldest daughter Natalie came also and helped me out, gave me some moral support. She is fantastic. Here is the crew Debbie, Me, Natalie, Lynn, Leigh, Pam and Evan.

315969_10150381226423288_79516428287_8434893_1287924967_n

Lets see, after working my regular job and at the Rusty Bucket I ended up working nine days in a row, then I had a couple off and I slept pretty much the first day and went back to the doctor. I was finally given an antibiotic and prednisone for my eye and cold. It took 3 weeks and 3 office visits for the PA to believe that I really had a sinus infection and not pink eye. I am all better now and right now no one at home seems sick. But tomorrow is a new day.

I then worked on some reindeer using the pattern from R&K Creations. It is a great design. These will hang but you can put them on a candle stick or any type of make-do base also. They are about 15” long, so it is a great size.

005

I worked at the Rusty Bucket on Friday and Saturday and now I have two night work shifts to get through. The I have some projects I will finish up to show you next week.  My eldest will be 13 this coming Friday. I cannot believe she is already 13. She is so grown up, it is so scary.

Well, I am off to do some stitching while I can. I hope everyone is doing well and finding a little stitching time!

~ Jennifer ~

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

You have been busy:) I really like the reindeer.

Unknown said...

I love the snowmen! I thought I was busy, LOL but compared to you.......Do hope you find some rest time soon.
Take good care,
sue