Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We made it to December! Wow have we been having some goofy weather. It can’t decide if it is going to stay cold or warm. That is North Carolina for you.  Two weeks exactly until Christmas, or so my husband told me this morning. I do not want to admit that because we still have presents to get. We will get them, I have no fear but talk about waiting until the last minute.

I made a few more items last week and took them to The Rusty Bucket last Saturday and I am taking a few more items this Saturday. I made this little wool candle mat, the pattern is by Penny Lane Prims. I bought a whole slew of her patterns. They are all so cute. I made a couple more wool Santas and some more wool ornaments also.

971633_10202930335406282_1836563915_n[2]photo_2[1] (2)

I stitched up another one of these because it was so adorable. I love it!

photo_3[1]

Our Christmas tree is on its last leg. We have had it for quite a many years so it is not surprising. The top part will not light anymore. I would add some lights to it but I am too lazy. We have plans to trash this one and next year we are going to start getting a real tree again. It has been so many years since we had a real tree. We will have to buy lights for it so I am thinking I will have to hit the sales after Christmas this year.

1422563_10202868143611526_588933923_n[1]

Alice and I have been making cookies, lots of cookies. This was our last batch. I am all cookied out already.  I think I eat more than I frost.

1461242_10202900620423426_178653297_n[1]

I attempted to make salt dough ornaments and I was not very impressed with my skills.  These four were the only ones to turn out from my first batch and they are a little sad. I still need to add some twine for hangars.  I may try again but I am not in a big hurry to.

1476229_10202893742891492_1657130723_n[1]

There is one person/animal who is ready for Christmas. Prancer is ready for Christmas! October was a year since he was sick. I was looking at his pictures at that time and they were so sad. He has come a long way and doubled his weight. at one time we were praying he would make it to 7 pounds and now he weighs about 12-13 pounds. That darn Parvo has nothing on him. He eats everything and I mean everything. We were blessed to have Prancer come into our lives and I think we will have many great years together.

photo (2)

I hope your week is going well and you are finding a little stitching time!

~ Jennifer ~

3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love those mats...so cute:)

Christine said...

Great stitching, Jennifer!
I tried salt dough ornies too and had to scrap them they just didn't look great.
Have a great Christmas
Christine

Trace4J said...

Adorable.
Your tree looks wonderful and Prancer well he is just as dapper as can be.
Woolie Hugs