Friday, December 26, 2008

Other Works In Progress

Primitive Youngins by Primitives Pieces by Lynda. Very cute quilt. I usually do not fuse for hand applique but I chose to on this and Friends of Christmas. It is a little rougher on your fingers but I wanted them to both to be more prim and raw edged. The book has some real cute quilts in it. I love these primitive Raggedy Ann Dolls.

100_1019

So I just need to start stitching them. Very cute book. The website for Primitives Pieces by Lynda is www.PrimitivePiecesbyLynda.com, check it out she does some nice primitive things.

Next is several BOM's I have purchased from www.FatQuarterShop.com, they have really nice stuff, they are all Moda U patterns. They also have new "Sushi Rolls", which are 2 7/8" strips of some Lecien fabrics. Yes I had to order a couple. So the first one is:

Designer Mystery BOM: I have two completed. Got real motivated at one point and started it but haven't been back to it. You can't see the one in the back very well. They used Moda's Piece on Earth collection.

100_1021

Next is Simply Sophisticated BOM, which is from Moda's Harvest Home collection by Blackbird designs. Very pretty.

100_1022

And the last one I have from fat Quarter Shop is Piece & Plenty BOM which I have not started. Yay Me!!!

Then, I am doing a shop sample I started many months ago and became frustrated/bored with. Quiet Time a Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. pattern. I love the fabrics, they are all civil war reproductions but there are just so many blocks. I started it up again a couple nights ago. Pressing the blocks and started cutting them all down to size. There are 480 blocks and I think I am about halfway through trimming them down. I am happy with how they look I just wanted to make sure they were all the same size. I love her patterns but she does love some half square triangles.

100_1023

My favorite is The Buggy Barn Crazy Amongst Friends quilt only because I am working on it with my good friend Janet. We haven't had a lot of time to work on it, mainly because we are easily distracted by pretty much everything. But that makes it nice, we get to spend more time together. There are several of each one, I just hung them together. So here are the few blocks we have done:

100_1020

No comments: