Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kinley Tornado

I drove out to Kinley yesterday to drop off some clothes to donate to the tornado victims. It was great to see so many people helping them out. It looked like they could have used some young hands to help out though. I was wondering where all the young, strong people were and then when I drove by some of the houses that were devastated by the tornado I saw the younger generation. They had so many people helping with the clean up, it was nice to see. It made my heart sad to know that two wonderful, unsuspecting people had lost their lives there. I tried to take some pictures but don't you know my camera was low on batteries. I added some to my Flickr trail. I was very excited to go out there and help out with the clothing but once I got there I didn't want to leave. I wanted so much to stay and help but knew I had to pick up the kids. I was very somber after leaving. Natalie gave me her last five dollars to take and wrote a little card for them, very sweet of her. I am so proud. You can donate at American Red Cross, 801 S. Third St., Smithfield, N.C. 27577. I actually drove to the Free Will Baptist Church in Kinley where they have the American Red Cross set up. We didn't have money to donate, so I got what I could of household items, they said they could really use toiletry items.

No comments: