Monday, March 1, 2010

Colors????

I have been working on the February block for the Sweet Nostalgia BOM since it was posted by Dorothy Baker and I cannot get the colors to my liking. There is nothing difficult about the stitching but for some reason no matter what color I use I am not happy with it. I only have a few things left to stitch on it but every time I pick it up I want to pull out the stitches. Does this ever happen to you? What do you do? Should I leave it alone and go with my first instinct or maybe redo the entire block. I keep thinking maybe it is the background fabric I chose because it is very busy, but I really like it. I am stumped. I will sleep on it I guess another night (I mean day) and try again tonight to stitch on it.

Flowerpot Block

 

FAVORITE THINGS

 

I did complete my first block from the 2008 Girl Gang quilt/BOM Favorite Things. I had ordered this from Homestead Hearth as a kit and again the fabrics selections are spectacular. Everything I like, which is not a hard thing to do since I like Everything! The first block is called simply “The Flowerpot Block” and it measures 6 1/2” x 20”. I again decided to practice my needle turn appliqué, so don’t be too critical of my stitches or shapes. Good thing it is a primitive looking quilt because my shapes are pretty primitive looking :)

 

 

 

Pajama Pants

I wanted to show you also Alice and Gordon's pajama pants I made for them, with much  help from Janet, she did all the cutting, measuring, and instructing, I just sat at the sewing machine okay-ing. I do not know how to read a clothing pattern at all. I get so confused.Designer Mystery BOM 2008 001After looking at this picture I realized Alice really needs a hair cut. She is so afraid a haircut means it will all come off. They love their pants and I am so happy Gordon doesn't have holey knees anymore – we will see how long they last.Gordon's FabricThis is a fabric Gordon just had to have when we were at Joann's. He insisted on having a yard because he “was not sure what he wanted to make with it.” I said okay since it ended up only being about $2.50 a yard.  He has his own fabric stash and is very particular about what goes in it – I wish I could be like him.

Block 4 – Designer Mystery BOM

I also finished up block 4 of the 2008 Designer Mystery Block of the Month. This block is called “Double Treats” and was designed by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.Block 4 Double TreatsSo off to dreamland I go – I hope. Last night of work tonight for the rest of the week. I have big plans now that I will only be working two nights a week for a couple weeks. Such big plans! I hope I am not setting myself up for failure – oh goodness I shouldn’t be so pessimistic – it will be great!

No comments: