Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finally pictures!!!

So I finished up a quilt top (did not quilt it yet) that was in the Sping 2010 issue of BHG’s  Quilts and More:

finishes 002finishes 001

It is called “Sunny All Around”, it is from designers Chloe Anderson and Colleen Reale of www.Toadusew.com. I decided to use up some old fabrics I have owned since I started quilting. They are mostly 1930s reproduction fabrics. I am happy with how it turned out everything seemed to meet right. Only thing is it doesn’t go with my house so I am not sure what I am going to do with it.  The colors are not showing true on the picture – I will take another after I quilt it.204

Here is a picture of my wool block background:206I also finished up 3 blocks, I know only three blocks of the Moda/Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month from 2008.

Block Six - “Sunrise Star” designed by Margot Languedic of www.thepatternbasket.com.Block 6 Sunrise StarBlock Seven - “Sawtooth Patchwork Block” designed by Debbie Beaves of www.violetpatch.com.Block 7 Sawtooth Patchwork Block   Block Eight - “Star Party” designed by Bonnie Olaveson of www.cottonway.com.Block 8 Star PartyAnd my favorite finish is201Yes I finally pieced together my redwork quilt. I am more than happy with it. I love it. It looks better than I had hoped. Now I need to decide how I will quilt it. I think I may be leaning towards hand quilting it but we will see.

As you can see I am having some remodeling woes with the layout of my blog. I am trying to decide how I want it to look and trying to learn all these gadgets and what not. So, I apologize if it is driving you crazy – because it is driving me crazy!052

The kids have made it back from the beach and boy have I missed them. I will miss the quiet house but that is okay, would rather have them around than a quiet house, well most days anyway!!!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

hey I have a few more blocks left of the BOM too..........must get them done but I have changed that light blue on the start block to a darker colour..........a friend had a few scraps I was able to use.........
lovely stitchery quilt too.......

Unknown said...

Thanks Chooky and thanks for visiting. I cannot wait to see your blue quilt finished. Blue is one of my favorite colors and I seldom use it - probably because I just want to look at the fabric!!