Saturday, July 3, 2010

Miniature Doll Houses

Another new project in the works. I am on this red/white/blue kick. Ever since I straightened all my Americana fabrics up I have been using them like crazy. And also since it is the 4th of July weekend I thought it was appropriate.  I am using the pattern “Miniature Dollhouses” in the Fig Tree Quilts book “Houses.”

Miniature Dollhouses 005Miniature Dollhouses 006

The book came out in 2007 and I have owned it since it was released and have not done anything in it yet.  I have a lot, I mean a lot of Fig Tree fabrics and I think they are beautiful, but like many fabrics I think are beautiful they do not go in my house. So I decided to do the Miniature Dollhouses quilt which is 37” X 45”  in these yummy fabrics:Miniature Dollhouses 001 I have been working on the quilt most of the evening and have completed this much:Miniature Dollhouses 004

Just a little to go and it will be finished. My husband wants to know how big my “To be quilted” pile is going to be by the end of the weekend. I am trying not to think of that.

And to go with the patriotic theme I will also include some more stitcheries from my little Americana quilt:

 America Quilt 001 America Quilt 002 America Quilt 004America Quilt 003

That’s all for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jennifer

No comments: