Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We got Rain!!!

Finally we had a good soaking of rain. Everything was looking so stressed outside. Watering from the hose is nothing like a little rain.

I was having some fun today in the quilt room and decided to make a little mini-quilt from the book “Bits and Pieces” by Karen Costello Soltys. I have done a couple little quilts for gifts out of the book before. It is the best book, well worth buying.005

Here is my “Vintage Bow Ties”003Now, my plan is to put a really tiny embroidery in the blue blocks, have not decided what it will be. The blocks are only 3”x3”, the entire quilt is only 15 1/2”x 18 1/2”. I am also going to hand quilt this one. I miss hand quilting.

I also worked on my Americana disappearing 9-patch. Did a couple of the embroidery blocks, I love how it is turning out.America Quilt 005

America Quilt 002

America Quilt 003 The strawberries and the crock block I drew myself and the Angel and the Eagle I found in the mountain of embroidery patterns in my quilt room. Unfortunately, a lot of my embroideries are not labeled where I got them so I will have to find the designers of them and get back to you. I will try to post them when I finish the other blocks.

I almost forgot to mention – I also finished up another block in the “A Gardener’s Journal” quilt:Block C

a gardeners journal 001 a gardeners journal 002Nothing else exciting going on here. We had a nice low key day, enjoyed not going anywhere and listening to the thunder and rain. Hope you were able to sneak a little sewing, quilting, or stitching done today!

Jennifer

4 comments:

Sharon Stewart said...

Jennifer, I can't believe how much stitching you get done!!!! I love everything you're working on, especially the Vintage Bow Ties. That would look great in my house, don't you think?!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sharon. Don't even think about the bow-ties!!! :)

Love Bears All Things said...

Your 'house' block looks great! I'd would sure like to find a pattern of Americana embroidery like that.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

Thanks Mama Bear - I agree, Australian stitcheries are quite different, I love them. Maybe we will have to work on some Americana stuff like that!! :)