Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mail Call!!

I love getting mail. I am just like a little kid bursting with excitement when I hear I received something.  Today I got a package from my dear friend Sharon (of Liberty Rose). I was so excited.  Inside was a present she got me when she was in Oregon and also a little stash I have been collecting in her studio!

Here is my gift -

011

013

Can you believe it? I have seen this transfer on line somewhere and I love it – she knows I love pigs – so Eeeek! I am so happy.

When I was in her studio the last time I had made a little stash of her patterns I wanted and she sent those to me – again – Eeeek!! I am so so happy!

016

Thank you so much Sharon – you know how to spoil a gal!!

I wanted to give you a peak of the quilt I am working on for my giveaway I am going to have. I have decided it will be on my 300th post, so I need to get to quilting it because I am on post 284 (I think). So it was out of this magazine (of course I cannot put these Quilts and More down lately):

017025

I like the 30-40’s reproduction fabrics but for this quilt I wanted to use some of my scraps of Civil War Reproduction prints. I love it – I will only show you a teaser of the quilt!! It measures 27 1/2” square – so it is not big but it really can add a lot of color to a space. So here is the little tease for you!

007

I hope you like it!!

That is all for tonight. First day of school tomorrow!!!

Jennifer

5 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

Your version of Saltwater Taffy is yummy!hehe! Nice little bundle of gifts you got in the mail:)

Unknown said...

Thanks. I know I was sooo excited to get them!!

Lee said...

Jennifer, I love mail too!! Even just a card and I am over-the-moon! Nuts huh! Enjoy!! Lee

Unknown said...

We are so easy to please!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

That little quilt is going to be adorable---you know how much I love doll quilts! I love receiving mail too and you sure have fun opening up yours! Thanks for sharing your lovely work and creative ideas. Hugs, Carolyn