Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quilts by Cheri

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with Cheri Payne but if you go to her website Quilts by Cheri you can see her designs – they are awesome, yummy-licious! Very folk-art, primitive stuff, wish I could buy every pattern.  Well she is now blogging and has I guess what you could call a quilt-along going on – it is called Soot & Ashes. I know – I don’t need to start another project so I am saving it for a rainy day or something, maybe. I still am not thinking too straight (due to this cold thing)  so I will have to get back to you on that one.

I have done a lot of chores today, cleaning, vacuuming, cleaned Guinea pig cages and gave them both a bath (they are quite upset with me). So now I am sitting around sneezing (I am allergic to the guinea pigs) waiting for the kids to come home. Not doing anything I am supposed to be doing, like crafting.

I have so many craft fairs and open houses to get ready for. I have a serious problem. I am rebellious – tell me I have to do something or give me a deadline and I freeze, no way I want to do something if I have to. It is a bad trait I know but I cannot help it. I was doing pretty good and then someone must have said something to me about having things done and it hit me, I shut down.  Any ideas? What should I do? This is all I have done this week:

004

Three little pumpkins, oh yeah and a stitchery that is now a pillow. Woo-hoo! – Someone help me get motivated!!! Please!!

This is how I feel:13718976_8207573ce2_m

Okay I guess I am done complaining.  Remember 12 more posts and I will have my give-away!!!  I am off to do some more sneezing!! Have a great day!

Jennifer

5 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I love the photo of the cat.
I am kind of the same way about deadlines. I am always afraid to sign up for something, afraid I might not do it in time. I was that way with GJ. It was the first block of the month I've ever done and I was afraid I couldn't do it....Some of my UFOs have been around for 7 years.
Feel Better,
Mama Bear

Country Prims said...

Ha, 'must do' is no fun-takes all the fun out of what would normally be enjoyable!lol!

Love what you have made and I love Cheri's stuff too:)
Have a good day,

Blessings, Shazy x

Lee said...

Just saying you have a deadline just sucks the joy right out of any project! I find if I don't have to make too many of the same thing I can be motivated, but if I have to do the same craft over and over...I lose interest quick! Get out all of your patterns...lay them out on the table. Now, put fabrics next to the pattern. Now, sew! Your things are sooo cute. Be sure and let everyone know where you will be selling your crafts.

Unknown said...

Thank you Lee - I am like you I love to make just one!!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

The cat photo is a riot! Love your pumpkins. Carolyn:)