Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One day at a time!

If you know me – you know I love mail. I especially love it when it is a surprise and from one of my great friends, April, she finds the cutest stuff. This is not primitive stuff , but very cute stuff. Yesterday we received a package all the way from Japan.

008

First off is this Kit-Kat, Natalie was the first to see it and ran off with it. She came back a few minutes later and said, “Taste this, what is it.” I was thinking it was going to be mint because it was a green wrapper, I took a bite and couldn’t figure it out and then it hit me, Wasabi, you know the horseradish stuff you get with sushi. Weird , very weird chocolate and wasabi.

Then there is all of this happy goodness!!

012

021023022014017018019020

Look at these cuties!

024

And these are made out of wood!

025

Of course I had to wash everything right away so Alice could try it out with some yummy French toast sticks.

026

I stayed up all night, I cut out three small quilts in between crying bouts. I am such a wimp. Anyway, I had this packaged up for  about 3 years. I had enough fabric for all three quilts. I pieced one, this one I actually cut out two of the same.

015

I was only able to piece together three from the other quilt. They are 4 1/2 inches square. I love how they turned out. There will be 12 all together, I am doing four of each one That is all I am telling you about it for now.

010

Well, I guess I should go to bed. I hope you have a great day and find a little stitching time.

Jennifer

9 comments:

Debbie said...

What a sweet surprise! I love all those piggy goodies! You know.... every time I see anything with a pig on it I think of you. :) I love the quilt! I have been wanting to do one. I need to start going through my fabric stash to see if I have anything that would work.

Hope your having a good Wednesday!
*hugs*

Debbie

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

How cute are those piggies!! I cant say I think wasabi and chocolate together would be good....oh my!

Lynn said...

Lovely package, so many cute and sweet things. Seems like it cam at just the right time to cheer you all up a bit. I need to stay up all night to sew ... for many nights, maybe I'd make dent in this pile of ufo's I have here.

Donnie said...

Looks like a fun package. Not sure on the wasabi KitKat...lol...Love your quilts but I don't know where you get your stamina.

Anonymous said...

wow, chocolate and wasabi...that's a weird combo for sure!! Love your new lil' piggy's and those quilts...you stayed up all night?? Time for nyquil...that always puts me out! Maybe you can get a lil' potbelly piggy for a pet? How cute would that be?? My friend had one for awhile....and no she doesn't live on a farm..:)
feel better, my friend!
patti

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow, what a treasure trove you received in the mail...cute little piggies.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

Nice miniature! You are so good with putting fabrics together and it's beautifully done. Nice package again from April. I bet she gets as much a kick out of finding you pigs as you get out of receiving them.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry reading about Thelma. Bless your heart that is a tough one. We had Cassie our little cocker for 16 years and she had problems for about a year. It is not easy cause you love them like your children and family.

Your quilt is lovely and your treasures you received in the mail are great. Good friend are the treasures too!

Hugs to you and your family,

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Sweet Surprise full of super cute goodies indeed!!!
The quilt is beautiful! When I have my insomnia bouts
I'm not able to do much crafting, just read books
or blogs ;-) and/or clean up/organize.
I hope your tears, if they meant mourning, will
help you heal fast and not last long!

PS:(if you r ready for some awesome fabric & pigs related
eye candy check the link below but be warned that
you may give in ;-)....
http://superbuzzy.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=3873a9db1a7de51e35026f9f6b30aade&keyword=pig&x=41&y=10 Enjoy!!!!!)