Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Gardener's Journal Progress

A Gardener's Journal by stitchin.thyme
A Gardener's Journal, a photo by stitchin.thyme on Flickr.

I wanted to show you all that I have left to finish stitching for the "A Gardener's Journal" SAL that I am doing. I know the picture is not the best, I took it with my cell phone.

The majority of the other participants have completed their quilts and have moved onto the next SAL "Tis the Season" by Natalie Byrd.

I should be able to finish these up tonight and maybe stitch the blocks together Friday when I am off work. I am very happy knowing I will be able to piece the quilt soon. It is going to be so pretty.

Bad weather is coming again so tomorrow I am sure I will be busy reassuring the kids we are safe. Hopefully the storms will fizzle out before they get here. I can already tell from my headache coming on it is not going to be fun. I always tend to get a headache when it is stormy/windy.

I feel so terrible for those around us who lost their homes and now for those who have not had time to fix what was salvageable there is a chance more damaging storms we be coming. I guess all we can do is say a prayer and hope for the best.

I hope you guys are having a great week and finding a little stitching time!

Jennifer

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

doing well........it's very exciting once you start to join the quilt all together........
heard on the news there has been some bad storms in the US......

Anonymous said...

These stitcheries are beautiful, can't wait to see your finished quilt :-)!
I'm glad you guys are alright!!! The weather is really changing for the worst as years pass.
This time around we haven't got much of rain or thunder however last time we didn't have any tornadoes where we live but we did have terrible storms.
Have fun tomorrow!

Tim - Proud Pug Owner said...

You know how I feel about your work, but these stitcheries are gorgeous! I can't wait until the quilt is all done so you can show it to me.