Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Mine is going great, even though I have not had much sleep I am feeling real good today and I spent the day with my family. We went out to lunch and took a visit to my favorite Antique/Resale shop, Kohl's for shoes for the girls, and a trip to the grocery store. It has been raining all day and rained all night at work, which made it very busy so no sewing for me, I actually had to work hard, girls got to do what she’s got to do!!

I found a couple things at my favorite shop.  A jar I am going to use as a vase and this little sewing “lazy susan” type of thing. I thought the idea was cute, although I don’t really care to much for the doll part, a little too “country”. I am hoping to re-do it with some thing else in the middle.

008

Here is the back of her, she is two sided and the base spins. Like I said real cute idea!!

006

I found a couple quilts I really liked but did not have the money for them, so sad. They will be gone in no time so it just wasn’t meant to be.

I have listed the Lemonade Quilt and Alice’s pillow on my selling blog.  I have decided I am taking a box of items to The Rusty Bucket this week so everything except Valentines, Christmas, patterns and fabric that I have listed on any of my sites will be gone beginning Monday.

I feel like working on some applique tonight so I think I am going to go pull out a block in my WIP pile. I hope you have a super weekend and enjoy a little stitching time of your own!

Later - Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I must admit I do like the little doll's dress and the tiny pincushion basket she is holding... It is cute :-)!
Your dd is a great stitcher!!!
Bummer you couldn't get the quilts... perhaps you will find some in the future.

Rachel said...

Glad you are having a great weekend! I like your new finds ~ maybe you could replace the girl with a prim crow or sheep?!? Hope you get some WIPs done! Have a great night!

Trace4J said...

cute finds..I had good saturday filled with stitching. Hope you got some in last night too.
Hugs Granny Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com