Friday, May 20, 2011

A week already?

I cannot believe it has already been almost a week since I last posted.  Not only have I not blogged but I have sewn at all, nothing.  I am very ashamed.

I had taken my items to The Rusty Bucket at the beginning of the week and I am happy to announce sales there are much better than on Etsy or my blog.  I can’t understand why that is, the only thing I can come up with is people can see and touch it in person.  I am wondering if I should just give up on the Etsy, EBay, selling blog thing.  It does not require me paying any money out but I do loose a substantial percentage. I will continue thinking on it.

I sold the Americana quilt I had done and have a request for another one. I did not have the same fabrics but some that are very similar. I added some different stitcheries along with some of the original ones I used.  I pieced the top today, traced the stitcheries on it and now I am all set up to stitch. So I will spend tonight stitching.

Here is the top without borders:

006

And here it is ready for some needle action.

015

I hope everyone is good. I plan on finishing, up the quilt in the next couple days, so I will post pictures when I am done. Until then I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds a little stitching time!

Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...great that you're doing well at your shop....do you belong to any of the prim groups on FB? you can sell over there....don't give up....add yourself to others circles on etsy to get more exposure too.
Have a great weekend!
patti

The Frenzied Fox said...

Nice quilt! :) Happy to hear things are selling too in the shop! I would say personally there is perks if you can get into a store but internet options are nice in regards to reaching a larger audience :) So I guess it depends on what you are looking for!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful quilt!! I really love it.
Wish I could come to your shop!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Granny Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Jennifer,
I know what you mean...sales are slow on Etsy. You are lucky to have another place to take your creations.

Happy Saturday ~Natalie