Friday, June 10, 2011

Busy Busy

Hi all, I am feeling better about all the struggles today. Have the AC fixed, the septic cleaned out (wish I could get that smell out of my nose), the rest can wait a little while, but the must do’s are accomplished.

I am currently washing my 5 loads of laundry  while doing a little doll body sewing.  I got side tracked and started messing with scrap baskets. How many does a girl need anyway?

002

So of course I have been folding instead of sewing. I love looking at and playing with the scraps as much as I do the bigger pieces of fabric.  I got rid of a ton of the scraps but I still need to thin them out or at least find another way to store them or heck maybe use them.

Alice had her last softball game last night. Well we thought it was her last. She played so well.

008

The team went for pizza after the game to eat and they received their trophies.  Here is a picture of her getting her trophy. She lost one coach because he got deployed to Afghanistan about a week ago. They are all great guys.

025

Here’s my proud girl. Her coach came over and told us he would love for Alice to play for the All-star team. We were so excited! So lots more practice until the game at the end of the month and then if they win more games to follow. Way to go Alice!!

026

Firecracker Kid Primitives is having a summer giveaway – I signed up and I hope you do!!

FKPlogo175Giveaway

Not 1, not 2, but 3 Prizes will be given away!  Photos of prizes to be revealed at a later date.  She will pick three winners on June 18 and announce those winners the following day.

Well I must go, I have laundry and a sewing machine calling my name!!

I hope you have a great day and also find a little stitching time!

Jennifer

7 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Glad you are feeling better about things today Jennifer. I'm happy to see you are taking time to relax and play with fabrics as well.

Enjoy your day dear - HUGS

Anonymous said...

How good that you were able to get everything taken care of!
Have fun doing the laundry... ;-), I mean...have fun sorting your scraps!!! lol
Hmmm.... have you ever thought of using your scraps for an hexie quilt?

Lynn said...

Adorable, the shirt says it all. Good for her making the allstar team.
At least your scraps look neat, mine are all in a huge jumble.

Firecracker Kid said...

Well you certainly have plenty to keep you busy for awhile. I remember those little league days.
Thanks for posting my blog giveaway and good luck to ya!
xoxo~Carol

Trace4J said...

SO happy things are going better.
Love all your scraps!!
My moms name is Alice:)
Have great weekend friend!!
Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Love Bears All Things said...

Way to go, Alice!
Mama Bear

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Happy that you are feeling better. And way to go, Alice!!!We are attending our grandchildrens events now and sure is fun!

Carolyn