Monday, June 6, 2011

Tis the Season Blocks

Well, I am feeling better today. I had a rough go of it last week. Thank you for all of your thoughts and comments!! I surely needed them.

I got home from work this morning and decided to go ahead and finished piecing the Tis' the Season quilt blocks for the Stitch-A-Long I am a part of. They are all finished and ready to be put together in the quilt. Here they are:

tis the seasontis the season (4)tis the season (8)tis the season (3)tis the season (1)tis the season (11)tis the season (2)tis the season (5)tis the season (7)tis the season (6)tis the season (9)tis the season (10)

Here are the fabrics I will be using for the final border and the binding. I have not decided for sure if I am going to do the smaller border yet.

tis the season (12)

I am very pleased with how the blocks turned out. I did not go with what I wanted to originally use, which was homespuns. My husband helped me out, he is really good at picking out fabrics. We spent a large chunk of Saturday night pulling down fabrics to find the right ones. I hope to have the top pieced tonight!

Off to get some rest before the kids get home. I hope you had a great weekend and found a little stitching time!

Later - Jennifer

4 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Wow Jennifer - the quilt blocks are so cute! I'd like to hear more about the Stitch-A-long you joined..it sounds like fun. Can't wait to see it all pieced together.

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Hi Jen,
Your blocks are beautiful. Your husband certainly does have an eye for colors. So glad you're feeling better.
Have a great day,
~Rene~

Mary Ann Tate said...

Oh I love it. It's going to be fabulous when it's finished:)

Trace4J said...

Beautiful Jennifer. I love Christmas and the redwork. Simply beautiful.
Granny Trace
www.grannytracecsrapsandsquares.com