Thursday, July 7, 2011

I should be ashamed of myself!

Do you know where I have been for the last week and a half? Do you think I was doing something exciting? Maybe crafting or stitching up a storm? I am sorry to admit that I have not been. The kids and my husband were away at the beach and I cleaned house last week. I scrubbed and scrubbed and still didn't really finish. Our house is straight and tidy but it had not been really cleaned in sometime. So I took the opportunity to clean but I soon tired of cleaning. Instead of working on dolls or stitching I played on Cityville, Farmville and Frontierville. For those of you who do not know these are games on Facebook. Evil games, mindless, addictive, waste your day away games. I had never played them and Natalie was always playing them on my account, then she started her account and started playing them there, she asked me to take care of them while she was away and I agreed. Bad decision on my part. I cannot sit down at the computer without playing, it is so sad. I am thinking I may need an intervention or something.

The weather has been crazy here. A lot of rain storms. I love storms, I would love to be a "Storm Chaser" when I grow up. My kids on the other hand hate them and are terrified of them.  They use to be okay but years ago they saw lightening strike in out yard and are now terrified. Yesterday they were quite upset with me as I tried to watch the lightening outside, I even tried watching through the curtains and it would not satisfy them. Gordon finally made me stop when he yelled at me for saying the lightening was cool. He said, "Mommy it is not cool - it is making me cry and that is not cool." So I felt really bad and quit looking.

I did start on a new project last night. One of my husbands old bosses has commissioned me to make several baby quilts for her grand children and now with another grand baby on the way I am doing another one. She usually includes a lot of clothing from when they were younger, but this time she only included a few pieces of her daughters baby clothing, baby blanket and the rest of the material is Maid of Honor dresses. I have to say I knew there was going to be some but I was hoping there would be more baby clothes. I had a hard time getting started on the project until this weekend. My husband finally helped me get a starting point and now I think I know where I am going with it.

Here are the two pieces I am using as my "theme" for the quilt. Each one will be a block in the quilt.


Then I found some vintage embroideries that I will use for filler blocks. I am currently stitching them now, as you can see. I am hoping to finish them in the next couple hours. 


I also started working on a couple of dolls for another customer and I hope I will be able to show those to you soon. They are awesome!

I am trying not to watch any television or news channels. I was deeply saddened by the jurors decision in the  "Casey Anthony" trial so I am trying to stay away from the news until that simmers down a bit. I promised myself I would not blog about it so I will just keep it short and try not to do any name calling.

I hope everyone is doing great and I am so sorry I have not been keeping up with my blog, I promise, less games and more blogging and crafting and stitching. I hope you also find a little stitching time and have a wonderful day today!!

~Jennifer~



7 comments:

Trace4J said...

You are too funny Jennifer..I dont have FB but I hear that farmville can be so addicting. Cant wait to see your new creations.
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

p.s I like a good storm too..

Anonymous said...

HaHa...I took care of Josh's crops ONCE...late at night cuz he didn't want to lose them...never again...thank goodness he doesn't play that anymore.

Anonymous said...

he's not on fB so I think it was wii farm or something like that

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Girl...you work so har...you are entitled to farm if you want to! Enjoy a little time for yourself and don't feel badly about it.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

oops..where did that darn "d" go!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I know what you mean about those games Jennifer! I had to get rid of my FarmTown and Farmville because it was doing the same thing...I found myself sitting there playing it when I had other things I needed to do..

Hope you have a great day! Your quilts are going to be super cute!!
Kim

Keep It Thimble said...

Jennifer, don't feel bad about playing games :). They are fun!!