Monday, August 22, 2011

Gingerbread Men and Sneezing!

I traced stitcheries onto fabric this weekend, 75 to be exact, so I have those to add to my 100 or so I already carry around with me to stitch on. They are all Christmas designs. Currently I am adding wool Gingerbread men to some of them. I don't know if you can tell my the pictures what designs they are, I took it with my phone and it doesn't have a good camera on it. I will show better pictures after they have been stitched.


I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was very busy. The kids and I took a trip to a mall on Friday and walked around it for a little over 4 hours. We were so tired by the time we got home. It was so busy, but I guess being the last weekend before school starts it is no wonder. They were able to spend all their hard earned money and some of mine on things they have been wanting.

Saturday I don't know what happened to me after I cut the grass I decided to clean out the garage. It is so clean in there, makes me feel good, I even sprayed around the entire thing for bugs.  I was outside working for five hours straight, it was hot, I had given myself about 3 showers with the hose and changed clothes twice. Then we went for our family walk, another 45 minutes, another change of clothes and a real shower. I was so happy because before I got into the shower I had no reaction from all that I had done outside. But after my shower, it hit me. The sneezing started, just a couple here and there, so I decided I would do the sinus cleanse and take my nightly dose of my nose spray. But then my eyes started swelling, and the sneezing became more frequent and my nose started to close up and I had to use my inhaler, it was here, the "non-allergy attack".

It became the family joke the rest of the evening, that I was faking it. My kids would just walk up to me and look at me shaking their heads saying, "You are a good faker." By two a.m. I was still going, I took some allergy medicine, I know I don't have allergies, and a little something to help me go to sleep, and I laid in my bed sneezing until I eventually drifted off to dreamland. Now I am doing good, feeling better and stitching away.

I have decided I am going to make me some face masks to wear. I have a subscription to the Japanese magazine "Cotton Time" and they always have patterns for them.  I think it may help me when I am working outside or cleaning.

Have a super Monday and I hope you can find a little stitching time today!!

~ Jennifer ~

4 comments:

Trace4J said...

Lovin those gingerbread men. So stinkin cute. I hope you are feelin better soon. Darn allergies.
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Can't wait to see what you are going to make with the gingerbread men. Hope you have sneeze free day, I get like that sometimes, only I will see for a hour or so. Bye

moosecraft said...

Wow! Those "non-allergy attacks" are ferocious! lol! I'm thinking you are allergic to the one substance they did not test you for? I've seen folks in my neighborhood wearing face masks while outside doing yard work... so I think you're on to something!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Jennifer....love your gingers...now I'm anxious to see the end result!

I've been sneezing all weekend and yesterday too...i don't have allergies but am suseptible to whatever is in the air lately.

Karen