Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Busy Day!

So today I took all of the Halloween stuff I had finished to the Rusty Bucket for their Fall Open House. I did not have much because I am trying to work on Christmas this year and make sure I have a lot for the open house and for the sale in October.

Pam (the owner of The Rusty Bucket) was nice enough to give me some goodies. She spoils me a lot like that. I got all these fabric samples that are discontinued with Johnston Benchworks, the furniture they sell. Look at all of them. They will make great pillow backs, pin cushions, etc.

011

This box is full of the ones I chose not to take. I have a coworker who loves mixed media so she will be getting these.

007

She also gave me this great chinille blanket. It has some holes but will be very useable for all types of things. It is huge. I is in the wash now getting ready for something good.

013

Here is a close of of it.

014

I had to trim some off because little Louise decided she needed to make it her own and peed on a little spot. Good thing Chihuahuas, have small bladders. I just cut it out and threw it in the wash. I couldn’t be mad at her – could you?

 001

The hospital I work at (no I am not a nurse, I am a 3rd shift operator in the call center) is celebrating its birthday this year so as part of the celebration we are doing a campaign called “WakeMed Gives”. We have a lot or volunteer opportunities coming up.

image002

I use to do a lot of volunteering but I am sad to say I have not for many years. Today I volunteered for InterAct.

(InterAct is a private, non-profit, United Way agency that provides safety, support, and awareness to victims and survivors of domestic violence and rape/sexual assault. InterAct fulfills this mission through the support of its volunteers and community.– Taken from their website)

It was at one of their thrift stops called Pass It OnInterAct operates the Pass It On thrift store to help cover costs of counseling services for families impacted by domestic violence and rape/sexual assault.

I wanted to post this for all the locals who were not aware of this organization. It is an awesome organization.

Well, I gotta run, it’s the kids homework time!

I hope you guys are having a great day and finding a little stitching time!!

~ Jennifer ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! and love the stack of fabric! Loise is so cute...but what a naughty little girl!!

patti

jennifer768 said...

Nope can't get mad at such a sweet little gal! She is adorable.What a wonderful blessing getting that awesome fabric.Hugs,Jen

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

How awesome is that to get all those wonderful goodies!!!
Cute puppy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

moosecraft said...

Wow! What great fabric samples! Louise is so dang cute! The chenille is crying to be made into SNOWMEN!!!! I've seen chenille snowmen around and they are irresistible!