Thursday, September 8, 2011

Civil War Blocks

Last month I went to the first Quarter Seamers Quilt Club at my friend Sharon’s house.

blog 616

This is Debbie Powell (our instructor) (I stole pictures from Sharon’s blog – thanks Sharon!)

We are doing a mystery Civil War quilt that includes 84 8” blocks. We were supposed to have the first 4 completed by this Sunday. Did I complete them yet. No I did not. I worked on two today.

I finished this one.

004

Almost had this one finished until I realized I messed up. So I am currently ripping out seams. I am thinking now I did my colors wrong or I should not say wrong, just they are not how I had planned. I think the multi-colored floral was supposed to be around the outer edges. Oh, boo, I can’t remember.

003

Can you see what I did wrong? Here is my instructors block.

messed

The other two are still in their bags waiting for me to cut and piece. I am frustrated now, so I am pouting. I may work on them later.

I have wasted another day on the computer. I was trying to do bills, not fun.  I would have been better off shooting myself in the foot or something, I probably would feel better because they would have given me pain medicine at the hospital and at least I would feel loopy. Oh well, maybe next time.

Off I go, maybe to mow the backyard, maybe to sew, maybe eat, or maybe shoot myself in the foot (just kidding).

Have a great day and don’t forget to find a little stitching time!

~ Jennifer ~

3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, if its wrong, you've created a new pattern...I like it...
Oh, my, I remember feeling like that at times when I paid the bills and there was so little money...for the last 7 years or so, there has been a reserve but that is going to change soon with retirement...then I'll be back to wondering which bill I can put off until the next month in order to pay this one or that one....
Mama Bear

Debby said...

Looks like you started in the same order for the blocks as me! (I tried to pick the easiest -ha! - ones first) I never did get my Colorado Star to look right - even though I stitched those points twice!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your blocks Debby!