Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goodies!

Yesterday was a great mail day. I received a package from 1804 Primitives, who I have ordered from before. She has awesome goodies. I received some prim candy canes and German glass glitter which I needed desperately.

051

I also received a package from the Jan Patek store. I had ordered the 1st Friday freebie Scrap Bag and Petit Four and a finishing pack for the Cozy Cabins table runner. I ironed the scrap bag so I could see the fabrics better.

052

I cannot believe I forgot to mention this. I am very excited about it. When we were in Maryland a couple weeks ago my mother-in-law gave me these great vintage scissors that have been in her family forever.

007

They are vintage D. Peres Solingen scissors with mother of pearl handles. D Peres Solingen scissors are German made. I do not know how old this particular pair is but they appear very old but in good shape. One pair is 5 3/4” and the smaller pair is 3 3/4” long.  She wants me to get them cleaned up and use them in my sewing basket. I will definitely do this when I can. Wicked cool!!!!

I listed some items on my selling blog yesterday, some pin cushions and a pillow tuck.

 018

Well, that is it for now. Back to work. I goofed off all day yesterday on the computer and did not get much done so I have to make up for it.

Have a great day and don’t forget to find some stitching time!!

~ Jennifer ~

3 comments:

Trace4J said...

Love your treasures Jen. And scissors are awesome!! Love love love.
Happy Stitchin!
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, I've never seen scissors like that but what a great heirloom...and the fabric. I love it but didn't see a link for the store....I know you're busy getting ready for market.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Stoppin' in to say hi Jennifer - love your little scissors and other goodies.
Hugs