Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I have been busy since last night trying to finish up some elf dolls and dying stitchery backgrounds.  I usually wait to dye my stitcheries until after I complete them but I wanted to try something new this time. I made my own special mixture of tea, vanilla, and walnut crystals and then laid them on the porch to sit in the sun. The good thing about North Carolina is the intensity of the sun. It is like putting them in a hot oven on my front porch. It takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how dark I want them and how many times I spray them.

So I lay them all out and spray them:

002

Elf heads too, but they get dunked first:

006

After they are ironed, the elf heads are still drying.

008

I have done about 3-4 batches, here are my zip lock bags full. I don’t know how many I have, maybe 150 but who knows. I always have to be stitching on something so it is really not that many to me.

009

I finished up one last night (well this morning around 4am) I really like it. I might have to make this one for myself. The stitchery pattern is from Primitive Sttiches. I haven’t decided what it will be yet.

010

I grabbed a WIP that I had from a while back and love how it turned out. I have it available on eBay now.

006

Here is the back:

007

I guess I will be going. I have a lot to do before work! Have a awesome day and don’t forget to find a little stitching time!

~ Jennifer ~

6 comments:

Trace4J said...

You are Super!
Love all your creations Friend.
I would keep the Gingerman too.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Lynn said...

So much you are working on, I'm excited for the porch sale this year! Love the elf heads on your porch.

Anonymous said...

lookin' good Jennifer! Did you use wool for the acorns or cottons? if wool...where did you get the orange? I need to find some like that!!:)
patti

moosecraft said...

You sure do get a lot accomplished! I like the pic of the elf heads all lined up on the porch... i bet it would make a stranger think twice about knocking on your door though! lol!

Karmen said...

Love the gingerbread man. You do good work! Karmen

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful creations Jennifer!
Prim Blessings
Robin