Monday, October 8, 2012

Slowly, slowly said the Sloth

I remember reading that book to my kids. That is definitely how I have been moving lately.  Not getting much done at all.  But I do have a little news to share.

I started a new project for the Lone Star Mercantile. It is a wonderful stitchery by Jan Speed of Just Stitches called “Christmas Redwork.” It is stitched on Moda Toweling. You can get everything for the project at the shop and I believe they are kitting it up also.

photo (41)

I also completed my first 5K (3.1 miles) last weekend. I ran it with my neighbor and walking partner Sharon. She did great at keeping me motivated and we both came in at 35 minutes and 30 seconds. That is the fastest time I have done, really I have not been able to run the entire distance until that day. I stopped running at the end for two or three 10-20 second periods but I still made it. I was very happy with myself. I have really slacked on my walking and my body is showing the signs, I am hoping to get motivated once again, I miss the good feeling after my walks.

photo (39)

I have more great news and it is pertaining to this handsome fellow. A blue eyed, long-legged Deer Chihuahua.

photo (40)

We are so very excited because he will be coming home to join our family this coming weekend. He is 5 months old and such a looker. It is going to be different having a male dog since we had girls for so long. It will take some getting use to I imagine. He is also not potty trained yet so I have a feeling that will be interesting. We are all so excited, it is going to be a long week waiting for him. He is going to be my little walking motivator!!

The weather is getting so lovely here. Starting to really feel like fall. We have the house all decorated for Halloween and the kids are ready for candy!!

I hope that you had a lovely weekend and have a great Monday!

And of course, don’t forget to find some stitching time!!

~ Jennifer ~

No comments: