Monday, October 15, 2012

Our New Puppy is Home!

We are so happy. We picked up our new puppy on Saturday  and he is just the most precious boy. He has a very quiet demeanor and has not barked yet, I cannot imagine that we could have two dogs in our lives that don’t bark but we will see.. We have a lot of training to do but first we have to learn what we are doing and he needs a name. We had settled on Prancer because he prances in the yard just like a little deer. It seems everyone is not so satisfied on that name though and for some reason when I go to call him I say Princess instead of Prancer and that is just not right for the little guy.  Every day he gets a little more use to us but he came from a wonderful home and he misses it I think. He has really become close to Alice, he follows her where ever she goes, they are going to be great pals. Here are some pictures of him.

IMG_3828IMG_3837IMG_3832

I won a giveaway a couple weeks ago from Creative Breathing a week or so ago. Isn’t this the cutest little Boo Bird!!! She makes the most adorable little creatures. This little bird is a fantastic addition to our Halloween decorations.

IMG_3578

I finished up some Scrooges for a couple orders. Do you remember when I did a couple last year. They are made from a pattern by My Primitive Saltbox.

photo (43)

While on my walk the other morning I snapped a picture of the cotton that is in full bloom in the fields around us. It is so pretty, makes you think of snow.

IMG_3781

Well, I need to get stitching, I have lots to finish up this week. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a super week. Don’t forget to find some stitching time.

~ Jennifer ~

5 comments:

Michelle said...

cute puppy..how about Gus...that's what came to mind when I saw him.

Lynn said...

Congratulations on the new puppy. How old is he? He's really darling. I think Prancer is a perfect name. When we had to name a pet, there was always strong disagreement here in the house (for example the girls wanted Princess Pretty Paws for our (male) cat and my son wanted Thor - we settled on Jinx).
Our new - from a rescue dog came with a bark collar and we didn't know why, at first, now we do.
Poor girl likes to bark if we don't pay attention to her.

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Jennifer,
What a sweet puppy...oh how adorable. I'm sure he is warming up to all of you by now and feels very wanted and welcomed.
I like the name Prancer - he has long legs - fit's him well.
What beautiful cotton - I saw a blog yesterday and she posted photos of the cotton field outside her house - so pretty.
Adorable scrooges (if scrooge can be adorable that is...lol). Great job.

Karen

Anonymous said...

He is just the cutes lil thing:) He is so small....I want one
I love your Scooches

Teresa F. said...

What a sweet puppy. He's really cute and I love his eyes. Prancer seems to be a good name.