Sunday, January 4, 2009

Project Updates

Jan came over again on Friday and we completed another block for our Buggy Barn quilt. We are doing so good on this. So here are the Angel blocks:

100_1090 I like how they turned out. We still have so many to go but I am having a blast working on them.

I received another block for my Friends of Christmas quilt. I thought I was caught up but I got side tracked with my stitchery projects.

I wanted to show a stitchery I did from the Japanese magazine I get, "Cotton Time". They include a stitchery on the first page of each issue. They are very sweet. So, I decided I am going to stitch them up and eventually they will all end up in a quilt. I am trying to use my Mrs Marsh's fabrics as the backgrounds. Here is the only one I have finished. I started another one so hopefully I can post that one in maybe 6 months or something - HA HA!!

100_1029

I had stitched a stocking last year and never finished it, so this year I completed it and we gave it to the kids grandparents for Christmas. I absolutely love this stocking, it was very hard to give away. I think that is why I never finished it. I like looking at it. I forgot post it so here it is:

100_0877 I don't like the date on the picture, I couldn't figure out how to take it off once I put the date stamp on. I lost my manual for my camera and only have the Spanish copy so that doesn't do me much good, but I eventually figured it out.

Okay, so everybody work on your projects, I will finish another doll tonight hopefully. I am excited, tomorrow I am going to a friends house for a little "stitch-in" - YIPPEE!!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy Howard said...

Hi Jennifer!
All I can say is WOW you are awesome! Love everything you make. My favorite is the Japanese embroidery...may have to borrow one of those magazines from you (:

Unknown said...

Hey Kathy, of course any time. I will bring a couple for you to look at on our next get together - great seeing you guys again. Like the HOT picture!!!