Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day Back to School!!

Today was the first day back to school. I thought it was going smoothly, everyone got up on time and was eager to go. I walked them in and Alice asked that I stay with her and walk her to class while the other two ate breakfast (they don’t like to eat it at home but love eating it at school) – this was a bad idea.  About two minutes after we got to the cafeteria Alice started crying.  Poor little baby. I walked her to class and the tears just kept coming. Her teacher tried to console her but the tears kept coming. I left and her tears kept coming and so did mine. I could not get out of the school fast enough.  With each step I wanted to turn around and sit with her until she was okay but I knew if I did she would never be okay, so I left and now feel guilty knowing I should not but I do. 100_2671 I got up at 3 am this morning because I was supposed to finish Natalie’s school bag last night but I fell asleep.  I think it is too large for her but she loves it. Maybe I am hoping she thinks it is too large so I can keep it.

100_2677 100_2678

So now I must sleep, I have to work tonight and I will not have much time to sleep if I don’t go now.

2 comments:

Sharon Stewart said...

Oh Jennifer, how sad that your baby is in school now. It's so hard!! And how did you get rain with the hurricane and we didn't. No fair!! Love the owl stitchery. Tell Natalie I love her new bookbag. Very cool. Miss you. Sharon

Unknown said...

Miss you too, thanks Sharon!!! Alice did better today!!