Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Colorfast – sure it is!

I am a little bummed this afternoon. I don’t have a lot of time on my hands lately. Working full time on third shift takes a toll on me and I don’t really have any time to spend in my sewing room.  I want to spend the little time I do have off with the kids. This weekend I actually had almost a full 4 days off so I was able to rest and get some projects going.  I had stitched these little things up about 4 weeks ago in the hopes that I would have some Valentine’s Day items to sell.028

This afternoon I sewed them into pillows, then I dipped them in my walnut crystals and popped them in the oven. I did the same process I always do. Here is how they turned out:029

The red Valdani pearl cotton was not as colorfast as they claimed. So now, my stitchery pillows are ruined and I am quite upset.

On a better note, I received a package from Bunny Hill Designs the other day. I thought I would give Cosmo another try. I purchased the 2 strand floss. They did not have the color I was using so I tried another shade. I don’t like the color for the project. But I did find the color on the Crab-Apple Hill website so I ordered that and hopefully will get another package soon. The candy in the picture must have been real good, thank you gals from Bunny Hill Designs. I say “must have” because the kids ate it all and were arguing over who got the most within 5 minutes of me opening the package.020

I finished up the next block from Dorothy Baker’s Sweet Nostalgia BOM.  I had a crease in my backing and it seems to not want to iron out. Hopefully it will come out, I even tried steam, yikes!026

My husband had taken the kids to a coin show at the Flea Market/Fair Grounds a couple weekends ago. It was supposed to be for his birthday but everyone of us got goodies. He picked out some great spring time wools for me from a little shop called Lonestar Merchantile. He did a fabulous job as usual.027   Oh well, I am kind of bummed now after my “dying” disaster. I am going to take my pouty self into the quilt room and decide what I am going to do with those silly pillows. I feel like I wasted a morning of productive crafting time. I could have been sleeping for work tonight. Oh boo!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I just re-read my post and it sounds like I was so rushed and ADD. I was not rushed but I cannot deny the ADD part. Sorry!! :)

No comments: