Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Perfect “Redneck” Day

Bowling alley + shotgun shell + Western Sizzler+ Walmart = The Perfect Redneck Day

We had a great time today. We took Alice to a birthday party at the bowling alley. My husband and the other two kids bowled a couple games and played arcade games while Alice was at her party. While we were there I saw something on the floor, I asked Alice if she could tell what it was and she went running over to it. She just stared at it and said she didn’t know what it was. I went over and looked at it and it was a spent shotgun shell. Well LOL, can’t beat that, I thought, we are at the bowling alley in the country, what else would be on the floor.

To go with the flow of the day as we were taking the kids to Mcdonalds I said lets try that Western Sizzler right next door. I have not been there since I was a little kid. So we went there and the kids had a blast. They loved the fact they could just choose what they wanted and pick, pick, pick.  I think Gordon had one of every dessert they had, which is fine because he had eaten a huge salad.

We then went to Walmart, why not, what kind of “redneck” day would it be without a trip to the local Walmart. Especially when your kids just a an entire dessert bar. I felt like we were the paddles of a paddle ball set except we had three balls connected to ourselves. All that sugar they ate was hitting them hard. Perfect completion for our day.

Gordon did a great job on his room yesterday, I am very proud of him. He made five trash bags of perfectly good toys for me to donate. We did not complete his entire room but I am impressed with him and he feels like he accomplished a lot.

I almost have all the blocks stitched for Gordon’s birthday quilt. His birthday is not until  the 30th but we have a secret planned for all of them the week before so I need to have it done by this coming Thursday. I have to work Friday through Monday night next week so I will not be any good those days.  I will try to post a picture of my progress Monday or Tuesday. I will give you a hint about it – he loves pigs, really loves pigs. I will have to try to figure out Natalie’s camera. Mine is going to sent off to be repaired. It has been putting this fuzzy black mark on all my pictures and I just realized I had paid for the repair plan for two years. I am so happy to get it fixed.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: