Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family Day Out

We had our family day out on Saturday and went to our favorite antique store. Looky what I got:
 002 003
The Clorox jar is my son Gordon's (he is a jar/bottle collector).  The little owl is so cool, it is about 12 inches tall and his head is actually a candy bowl. I also got some red stuff. I am thinking I might change my kitchen to red/black/white. (No Sharon you cannot have my stuff!!!)  Natalie does not want me to change the color scheme.006 The piece of cloth in the background is a pillow case but I am going to turn it into a baby quilt, using raw edge appliqué. I should add, I am not going to cut it up I am going to do it over, I thought the little girl was too cute.
Here is another new doll. She is also listed on Etsy now. Isn’t she sweet.

I need to get going I have a special order doll I need to get done this weekend.
Have a great weekend!
Jennifer

5 comments:

My 1st Bambina! said...

Nice finds... enjoy them !!!
Look forward to seeing the raw edge applique quilt.
Cute new doll... she looks like she is dreaming.

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Thanks so much, doesnt she look like she is dreaming!

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the doll and the bottle.
Mama Bear

keepitthimble said...

What is your favorite antique store - I need to make a visit :).

Lee Prairie Designs said...

The doll is a riot! What a fun time to be with your family! Carolyn