Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Prim Pillows

I finished up some new primitive redwork  pillows. The majority of the stitchery patterns I used are from Moonchild's Primitives, I just love her designs. The pillows are all now listed on Etsy, so hop on over there if you are interested in one.

   

Back to work for me, I am so far behind.I’ve been having trouble with my energy level. My husband keeps begging me to go to the doctor – he thinks it is my hormones. I had a full hysterectomy about 4-5 years ago (I should remember the date but I don’t) which was a blessing in other ways. I think not taking a hormone replacement is getting to me though. I did not want to take anything because I always heard it could increase your risk of breast cancer. My mother had breast cancer twice and it is what she passed away from, so I always figured my odds were high as it was.  My hot flashes are crazy all the time and I am always sleepy.  If anyone has any good advice for me let me know!

Back to work! Hope you are having a great day!!

Jennifer

8 comments:

Susie said...

These are beautiful, really must get on with thinking about Christmas......might be shopping at Etsy!!
I went on the 'go faster pills' when I got so weepy and the carribean moments were getting too much that was a year ago and it definately helped but I do have very regular mammograms.
Sue

keepitthimble said...

Jennifer, I agree with your husband that you should go to the Dr and at least see what they so. Also, i have found that doing some exercise is a good way to increase your energy level - the problem is finding time to do it!!

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Susie - thanks you. I also get a yearly mammogram. I think the "carribean moments" are what bug me the most. Thank you for sharing what works for you. It is nice to get different opinions.

Heather - yes, the exercise thing. I told my husband the dr would tell me to eat healthier and exercise - why pay him for that advice. Oh yeah and I cannot find your email address anywhere - our favorite store is called KnB Browse and Brew in Fuquay.

Donnie said...

Your pillows are lovely. I don't have any advice on menopause but it will end eventually. The best thing is to go to a doctor you trust and weigh what he says so you know what you're doing is right for you. Oh yeah, sleep with the fan on too.

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Thank you Donnie! I have a ceiling fan and a fan on the floor I am set. Since I work at nights I had to get a fan for my desk - this could be why I notice the hot flashes is the last year and a half I have been working nights!

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Hi, I really like your Redwork Pillows and your ETSY, I just started my ETSY and it is alot of fun. Hope you get energized soon.

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Thank you Cyndy!

keepitthimble said...

Thanks for the name of the store. You can email me at keepitthimble@gmail.com :)